Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Insults ... Some people are just too good with witty insults

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend.... if you have one."

George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill
---------

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second .... if there is one."

Winston Churchill's response
*************************************

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here."

Stephen Bishop

=================================


"He is a self-made man and worships his creator."

John Bright
*************************************

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial."

Irvin S. Cobb

*******************************

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others."

Samuel Johnson

***************************
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."

Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am the sole authority on "to publish or not to publish" any comments. No explanations given if asked why or why not. Take it or leave it.