Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christian kids praying

3-year-old Reese:

"Our Father, Who does art in heaven,
Harold is His name.
Amen."

----------------------------

After the christening of his baby brother in church,
Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car.

His father asked him three times what was wrong.

Finally, the boy replied,
"That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to stay with you guys."

-----------------
 
I had been teaching my three-year old daughter, Caitlin, the Lord's Prayer for several evenings at bedtime.
She would repeat after me the lines from the prayer.
Finally, she decided to go solo.
I listened with pride as she carefully enunciated each word, right up to the end of the prayer:

"Lead us not into temptation," she prayed,
"but deliver us from E-mail."
-----------------------------------

One particular four-year-old prayed,

"And forgive us our trash baskets
as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."
------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am the sole authority on "to publish or not to publish" any comments. No explanations given if asked why or why not. Take it or leave it.